Monday, November 9, 2009

Bad Preggo!


No street food in Thailand? Tell me, what does that really mean? I'm visiting shrimp farms 2.5 hours outside of Bangkok and the line between street food and a restaurant is quite blurry. My midwife said to just bring granola bars and eat those, rather than dine at what she calls the "Hepatitis food court" but I just can't bring myself to do it. How could I pass up a hot plate of freshly made Thai noodles in favor of a granola bar? Doesn't she realize that I'm HUNGRY and a granola bar just won't work? I asked for my food extra hot (making it clear that this was temperature and not spice). Does this make me a bad mother already??

2 comments:

Katie said...

When we were in Vietnam, my dad took Cipro prophylactically and then ate all the street food without worry. But that's the story of a foodie gone mad. I wouldn't recommend it! Granola bars wont cut it either. They don't even cut it here!

Jenn Gallacher said...

Baby T&E is already a world traveler with a well developed palate that will not be denied.