Sunday, July 8, 2007

The big day is finally here-AM

Wedding Day surf

What a better way to start a wedding day than a big group surf. Eric and I rarely surf together, and Eric NEVER longboards, so this was really a treat. Jennie (the flowergirl) had never surfed before, and we had a successful morning and Jennie stood up! Claudia, Rich and Stephanie, my usual Santa Cruz surf crowd joined us, and my East Bay surf crowd, Liz, her girlfriend, Erin (who's not part of the usual surf crowd, but gave it a go anyway) and Tracy got up really early to drive down from the East Bay to join us for some really small, classic summer Cowell's surf. What a great way to get my head in the right place for the wedding. I grabbed a quick bite to eat with Sadie and Zak after the surf and headed downtown to get my hair done.
Torture! Two hours of someone yanking at my hair and blasting me with hairspray. Good thing it looked good, or I would have been one unhappy gal. I loved my hair. It was very old Hollywood. From there it was back to the hotel to have my aunt, Lillian, do my makeup, and then up to campus at 3 for the 4 o'clock wedding start time. All this time, I've got some fantastic elves running around to set up, pick up the cake, deal with the flower deliver, getting snacks. There were some minor mishaps, like the bakery forgot to give us all the cakes we ordered and they eventually had to drop them off, and the fact that Eric, Zak and my dad were still setting up the silver cloud room at 3, but I didn't find out about this until the next day, so I wasn't worried at all!

No comments: