We made our first trip home together since moving to New York this month. We packed a lot into 10 days and managed to avoid Fresno. Always a good thing in August.
I was reminded why early fall on the Central Coast/San Francisco is the best time to be there. We arrived midweek so I could get a couple days in the Bay before I swam the Golden Gate Bridge (more on this in a second). After an early morning surf with Liz, I got a day pass into the South End Rowing Club and after a nice warm swim actually sat on the beach in the sun. In San Francisco. Unbelievable.
Saturday morning I met Jenn and my family at Aquatic Park for a swim with Leslie and the crew from Swim-Art for our swim "across" the Golden Gate Bridge. About 20 minutes into the boat ride to what I thought was going to be Marin, we get the call that the jump is in 5 minutes. Clearly not anywhere near Marin, I realize that we're not swimming the span, but from the Bridge to Aquatic Park. Not as exciting to talk about, but still a 2 1/2 mile swim.
After the swim, our friends Tom and Anke arrived from New York. We did our best to get them ready for surfing through immersion, starting with attending Point Break Live. If you thought the movie was a fine piece of film making, then this is the theater production for you! Keanu Reeves is such a fantastic actor, that the only way to capture his charisma is to audition audience members to read his lines of the cue cards.
A good time was had by all. And no, the 3-D glasses are not for the play. She just had them in her purse. You know... just in case.
No comments:
Post a Comment