Saturday, March 15, 2008

Long Island surf report

This is Teresa with the surf report for Long Beach, Long Island, Saturday, March 15.   2-3 feet with occasional 3-4 foot sets.  Clean with light offshore wind.  Good shape.  Water temp 42 degrees and the sun occasionally peeking out.

Seriously, my hands were freezing.  I wore:
  • My 5/3
  • A fleece rash guard
  • My hood
  • Booties 
I lacked:
  • Gloves
This a serious lacking.  In fact, it's the next thing I need to buy before I head out into the water.  Overall, though, I had a great day.  If I was on my longboard I could have stayed out forever.  Instead, I was on my 6'10" and caught the best wave I've ever caught on that board.  Short little ride, little cut back.  It was great.  It's amazing what I can do when I'm not afraid of dying at Ocean Beach!

1 comment:

anonymous said...

Don't let Erin see this surf report! She'll make me move.

btw, I have gloves that i don't use... send me your address and I'll pop them in the mail to you.