Gawd, I love my job. The Seafood Choices Alliance was kind enough to hold this year's
Seafood Summit in Barcelona. While 5 days inside a hotel conference room don't count as much of a vacation, and make it pretty tough to see the world, the benefit was that 1)Rich was there too because of work and 2)because we didn't pay for my ticket, Eric could fly out.
After 5 days of fish fun, Eric arrived and vacation began! Claudia, the master travel planner, found us a great apartment in the old quarter of Barcelona. By the time she arrived on Friday, we had settled in well.

Down the street from our apartment was a great market with lots of salt cod that I wouldn't let anyone eat. We spent a day wandering, a day on a Guadi tour, which was essentially more wandering, and Claudia found the free day in the Picasso Museum. The superstar vacation planner struck again and found us a great deal on a rental car. We drove south to go cava tasting and the next day headed up to the Dali museum and some famous birch forest, or something.
This is a really hasty post, because I want to make sure I get it up, but I'll fix it up later.

No comments:
Post a Comment